Is your skincare set to protect your skin and prevent inflammation?
If you’ve ever wondered why so many products these days tout anti-inflammatory properties for your skin and why that’s important, you’re going to want to keep reading. We’ve got the full scoop on our favourite calming and soothing ingredients, as well as why you need them.
Why you need anti-inflammatory skincare
A common misconception that many people have is that they only need anti-inflammatory products if their skin is sensitive or experiencing an inflammatory reaction. However, the truth is that just about everyone can benefit from seeking out more calming and soothing ingredients. Inflammation is one of the primary causes of premature skin aging, preventing it is a best practice for protecting your skin and encouraging better vitality for your complexion.
P.S. For a full breakdown on inflammaging and your skin, also be sure to check out this recent post.
How to incorporate anti-inflammatory formulas
In a minute we’ll talk more about what specific ingredients to seek out. However, another important thing to know is that the best way to reap the benefits of anti-inflammatory ingredients is to use them with consistency. In fact, because they are gentle and super skin-friendly, the more often you are able to use them, the better.
At least once per day is ideal, but you can even opt for twice per day, using anti-inflammatory formulas in both the A.M. and P.M. This is especially ideal if you use more potent products containing alpha-hydroxy acids, retinols and other antioxidants, to help balance out these types of active ingredients.
Glow Jar Beauty's Favourite Anti-Inflammatory Ingredients:
- Aloe Vera - A popular ancient remedy for treating burns, infection, wounds, and other skin irritation for centuries, aloe vera is ideal for calming the skin, troubleshooting inflammation, and provides a boost of hydration as a bonus. Click here to shop our top GJB product with Aloe.
- Calendula - From the calendula flower, oils and extracts from this potent plant work wonders to address dryness, itchiness, and irritation. It’s also great for inflammatory conditions like eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis. Click here to shop our top GJB product with Calendula.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), is an anti-inflammatory ingredient that reduces redness and minimizes the appearance of dry skin. Also, It's a skin brightening ingredient to stop the transfer of pigment. Click here to shop our top GJB product with Niacinamide.
- Rose Water - For soothing redness, and infusing the skin with nourishing antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits. It makes a great go-to ingredient for sensitive skin, dryness, dullness and more.
- Green Tea - From acne to aging, green tea is a multifaceted skincare ingredient. It’s rich in vitamins and other nutrients, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and can even help promote more balance in struggling skin. Click here to shop our water free formulation including this wonderful anti-inflammatory ingredient.
- Squalane Oil - As botanical oils go, squalane is already an excellent choice because it is very similar to the skin’s own protective oils and sebum. An added benefit, it’s also naturally anti-inflammatory, making it a perfect option for treating a number of skin conditions and concerns.